cheeky bit of research for a text post
Hm yes, quite an oaky taste to it isn’t there? And If I’m not mistaken it was predominantly the.. left foot used to crush the grapes. A fine wine indeed.
tbh my favorite part about this post was the post that went along with it that was a screenshot of all the google researching you did to create this masterpiece.
BITCH I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU
YOU’VE ANGERED THE WRONG FANDOM
You’re going down punk, just you FUCKNG WAIT!! You will learn that this fandom is far worse than you will ever want to know. We may seem soft and shy, but we’re just being NICE! We can be cold, cruel, mean, and make you suffer and wish you had never said what you said. We can send you into the farthest most empty reaches of the galaxy, summon demons to our disposal to make you suffer, and make you feel the feelings that we experience, and don’t fucking think for a single goddamn second that’s easy! The amount of emotions that would boil inside of you would literally kill you. So keep your motherfucking distance and we won’t hurt you, so stay the hell back, asshole. If you so much as insult us one more time, we will bring firey hell upon you and bitch slap you into oblivion. Your move, dildo.
|tumblr designer:||hmm, when a user clicks someone's username on their dashboard, do they want to go to that user's blog, or do they want to gray out their dashboard and open a widget on the side of their screen with the post they were already looking at but now it has a header on top?|
|tumblr designer 2:||hmm. better go with the popup widget just to be safe|
Anonymous said: You are now officially denied access to the Superwholock fandom. Have a nice life.
this is the best news I’ve heard this year
|Haruka:||water and swimming and the like (he once followed a blog with "watersports" in the url and was very surprised to find out it wasn't about swimming).|
|Makoto:||pictures of cats, nature, cats, humor, anime, other cute animals, cats, DID I MENTION CATS?|
|Rin:||sports, fitness and a lot of black and white/negative and hipster stuff.|
|Nagisa:||humor, horror anime, food porn and a shit ton of selfies. He sends Rei a lot of stupid anons, too.|
|Rei:||anything he considers "beautiful" at the moment. He reblogs all the "science side of tumblr explain this" actually writing an essay explaining the thing because he'd totally do that.|
|Gou:||muscles galore, but also fashion, anime and some yaoi.|
|Sousuke:||he only made a blog to stalk Rin and send anon hate to Haru.|
|Momo:||humor and poRN.|
|Nitori:||he's actually tumblr famous but nobody knows.|
the-slug-princess said: I cannot believe minors were let into a BDSM panel with like live demonstrations I am so eug.h.
with participants from the audience!!!! probably the most disturbing thing i’ve heard tbh
a post containing links explaining what went on:
- summary of the con
- schedule of the con
- clarification of the “cancellations” (extra hour in the ball pit)
- post explaining dashcon’s faults
- first POV of an attendee (they left before the “17,000$” dispute)
- play by play of the almost cancellation
- a personal experience written by the head of one of the committees
- why dashcon is most likely going to get a lawsuit
- update of the post explaning dashcon’s faults
- highlights of the dashcon feedback panel
- dashcon disaster (another masterpost)
this will be updated as more information is posted
Anonymous said: Is jojocon real? Please let it be real. If it is, where and when is it, and can you get press passes if you work for a newspaper?
Jojocon will be held in one of the 36 universes created by Made in Heaven(which one is still up to debate, but we are considering the one where stands are named after videogames), at Dio’s Mansion, in Cairo, Egypt. Activities will include posing, arguing about which Stand looks cooler and more posing.
Tickets cost one polnareff each, and donations are very welcome, we currently need 17k. Stand users get an extra hour in the Steel Ball Pit. We don’t know anything about the press passes yet, but this is totally not a scam, I pinky swear.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way involved with this con and have no investment whatsoever in its success or failure. I’m just a nosy fangirl who enjoys drama and has a penchant for list-making. I’m posting this to this blog because I think the whole debacle is funny as shit in its own sad way.
For those of you who’ve already heard about DashCon I’m sorry to pester you further with it, and for those who haven’t— well, I hope your dwelling place under that rock is cool and comfortable. Anyhow, I haven’t seen a satisfactory roundup of all available information about the slowly growing clusterfuck that DashCon has become, so I thought I’d make one. It is currently incomplete and largely based on rumour; I will probably continue to update it as more information comes to light.
A Couple Quick Summaries:
-T-13 months: DASHCON IS TOTALLY LEGIT STOP QUESTIONING IT
-All throughout the lead-up: DashCon leadership was apparently a massive clusterfuck basically from Day 1
The saga of clusterfuckery continues below the cut:
tonights bdsm safe word is “superwholock” because thats the best moodkiller i can think of
i made this post two days ago late at night when i was tired as shit and ive gotten at least 10 death threats, 13 messages threatening to dox me, and 5 telling me that im “a piece of shit user who needs to stick a dragon dildo up their ass while shoving a cock down my throat” and i still love this post
Anonymous said: You seem to really not like DashCon. Is it, like, the worst-of-the-worst con? (I really don't know, the only ones I properly know of are ones like SDCC and NYCC)
DashCon is a first-year fandom convention for Tumblr users. It is happening this weekend and turning into possibly the largest convention kerfuffle anyone has ever seen.
- Due to the DashCon staff done diddly goofin’ by not putting a payment schedule in their hotel reservation contract, they were asked to pay $20,000 by 10 PM last night or the convention would be kicked out of the hotel. They asked attendees and Tumblr users to donate $17,000 via PayPal and cash to keep the con going - and they supposedly raised all of the money. Con attendees then piled into the ballroom to do Mockingjay salutes and wail Freddie Mercury songs to celebrate them falling for what is suspected to be a scam (as people have contacted the hotel to ask about this “$17,000 fee” and the hotel reportedly has no idea what they’re talking about).
- You can attend wonderfully informative panels like this at DashCon:
- DashCon claimed there would be 3,000-7,000 attendees. There are 1,000 at most and all of them are white kids in flower crowns who are rioting for the anti-sexualization of women in media while simultaneously running panels about “homoerotic subtext in fandoms and finding the gay ships for YOUR fandoms!!!”
- The con didn’t have the money to cover WTNV’s transportation and performance fees. When WTNV asked them to pay the remainder of their performance fee prior to the panel beginning, DashCon was unable to do so, and WTNV walked out as they are positively free to do because what the fuck you don’t invite keystone guests if you aren’t able to pay their fees upfront (and showing them your PayPal balance on a smartphone absolutely does not count).
- It’s being speculated that Steam Powered Giraffe was not even booked properly in the first place.
- A full weekend badge was $65 dollars for a first-year fandom con jesus christ that’s almost the price of most full-fledged comic cons.
The list continues but so far it’s only the con’s second day and it is quite literally the most dramatic, hysterically cringe-worthy convention debacle I have ever seen unfold.
Adding some updates as of 7/12 at 7:35 PM EST:
- The game room consists of some tables, one TV, and one gaming console. No, really, that’s it.
- DashCon proves they have possibly the worst PR team ever when addressing the WTNV cancellation. Instead of clearly explaining the situation, they say they “don’t want to get into it,” and then offer compensation for those who bought advanced seating tickets for the Night Vale show. What’s the compensation? An extra hour playing in the ball pit (which is really just a slowly-deflating children’s pool with some balls in it). Oh, and if there’s room, you may get one of the first-come-first-serve spots at the Time Crash concert happening tonight. Huzzah!
- Most panels are completely disorganized. The “Name That Anime” panel was even handing out hotel mints as prizes for correctly answering questions like “what’s the anime where they fight with clothes!!!”
- This still needs verification, but supposedly there are minors being let into the 18+ panels (like “BDSM 101”), which DashCon could easily get sued for allowing. Not that they have the money for it.
- It’s been pointed out that as a Marriott hotel, the Renaissance would have required them to submit their full reservation payment 5 days in advance of the event. Therefore it’s very, very likely that the “$17,000 fundraising” was a huge scam. Because DashCon would’ve had to pay that money 5 days before this weekend or the event wouldn’t even be happening in the first place.
- Furthermore, someone attempted to debunk the letter that DashCon posted to prove that the hotel asked for money. Not all their points are valid (i.e. “RE:” is commonly used for “Regarding”, not just in response to previous communication, and idk but this dude doesn’t strike me as an expert on internal Marriott stationary), but frankly the letter looks sketchy if only because
17000%99% of it is whited out. Is it real? Is it fake? We just don’t know.
- There has been no confirmation that the money donated in cash and via PayPal last night ever made it to the hotel (if that was indeed where it was intended to go).
- People are demanding full or at least partial refunds. Needs verification, but purportedly DashCon has a list at the con where you can sign your name and the amount you donated to be refunded later. Which sounds like a totally effective and not at all easily-abused system.
- Attendees are either in denial saying this is the best con ever or they’re crying and having panic attacks. Welcome to Tumblr.
And as a bonus: DashCon originally ran an IndieGoGo campaign last year to raise $5,000 to start their convention. They raised $4,000. The campaign ended in April 2013 and rewards have still not been sent out (which consisted of tea bags, a couple business cards with your Tumblr URL on them, and if you donated $500+, some knick-knacks from Etsy).
The full story for those wondering what the hell is happening.